The Libertarian Party has become such a joke recently. I seriously pray that changes for 2024.
We need real LP leaders who actually stand for some principles
Instead of virtue signaling on social media and posting ridiculous things about #blm or how “racism sucks” — vacuous statements that carry no substance at all and do nothing to differentiate from the other two parties — instead maybe show just a hint of a backbone and actually stand for things that show how the greatest philosophy of all time, the philosophy of liberty and truth, actually stands for something meaningful. Right now it is just trumpeting more nonsensical fluff for the echo-chamber.
Here are just a few ideas on how the LP might actually stand for something and not just try to virtue signal their way around blindly:
- demonstrate (easily) how everything government touches is made more horrible by its interference. The GOP and Dems are just trying to outdo each other in trying to create more policies and more bloated government programs. We are made better by reducing government, not increasing it!
- vehemently condemn the lockdowns. Show how they FAILED and were a naked power grab that ruined the economy. Explain to Americans how closing down and bankrupting businesses did a hell of a lot more harm than good. Neither the GOP, LP, and certainly not the left are willing to admit what the data clearly shows. The government has shutdown the economy; the good guys should stand for reopening it back up – permanently without threat of closing it again. We should stand for freedom. That’s a pretty compelling message I think.
- show that government, using the federal reserve and the printing press, has STOLEN 95% of the value of the dollar through inflation over the last 105 years. And now both major parties just want to steal even MORE purchasing power from citizens and erode the dollar more than ever in a single decade. It’s a race to the bottom. Show some backbone and speak up against the rampant theft. The Tea Party materialized under Obama when deficits were getting outrageously out of control. Now that they’re 50x worse under Comrad Trump than they were under Comrad Obama, these same people are silent?? Absolutely insane. Show some backbone, LP!
- stand up against the rampant vandalism and the property damage and riots and looting throughout the country. Stop virtue signaling. No one cares that you’re not racist. Good for you. Try actually standing for something that shows a backbone. As the party that supposedly believes in property rights, show you actually believe in property rights and liberty.
- stand up against the police state and the failure of the molopoly of force held by police. The police state has obviously failed. Stand against the abuses of police officers for a) failing to protect private property from the savage and reckless #blm “protestors” and b) the rampant abuses of power and killings police perpetuate on a daily basis against peaceful Americans for nonviolent crimes like drug use. Speaking of which…
- rage against the failed US drug war. Neither of the two major parties wish to speak up against what might be the most racist and failed program in American history. The failed war on drugs has CREATED more crime, seeded more division, and caused more racial inequities than almost any law since Jim Crow.
- stand up for the 10th Amendment. The powers of federal government are supposed to be FEW AND DEFINED (specifically they’re enumerated in Article 1 section 8 of our very ignored and trampled constitution). The powers of the States are supposed to be many and undefined. Under this very simple concept it’s clear that the vast majority of the laws and policies implemented by the federal government are blatantly unconstitutional. Remind the American people the states used to wield the power, not the federal government.
These are just a very few ways the LP could actually take a stand and stand for something instead … nothing. All it’s been doing is spitting vacuous statements into the ether and spouting its worthless virtue signaling to the no one who’s listening.